Search This Blog

5.09.2010

Mother's Day 2010

Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers; especially to Di's mom, to Jerome's mom and all of the mother figures that make it easier for all of us to get through the tough times in life.

Wish I could bring back Di for one more mother's day to have a fantastic celebration with Jerome and the kids; I'm sure that Em would head to Souq to get Di something amazing and well thought out and there would be dinner at a favorite place or even a big get together with the entire brood of families just to celebrate those special women in our lives that make each day even brighter with their smiles, their words, their hugs, their love and their strength to move through every day with grace and dignity.
Over the years I bought Di mother's day cards because she felt like my mom when she waved her finger at me and told me to behave or gave me "that look" when she didn't approve of something I said or did and she also felt like a sister to me when I could tell her anything and know that she would not condem or judge me but instead would offer kind words, comfort and love when she knew I needed it most. 



"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever." - Unknown



Happy Mother's Day


No comments:

Post a Comment



The people we meet form the foundation of our lives that when built upon allow us to bloom and blossom in ways that we never would have anticipated.