Search This Blog

7.21.2010

Kindred Spirits


Living, Loving, Experiencing, Knowing, Caring...It is a Determined Destiny

It’s all about that; being and knowing and accepting and willing to bring yourself to know and understand that among the chaos that is life you know what’s real and genuine and honest and you can read between the lines and pick the weeds out of your garden of life and keep those beautiful flowers sheltered from the elements....

Knowing who is important rather than what is important is integral to living a whole life. I’m thinking that I’m not there yet; but I had a great start and a great pal through the many years I had been given to spend with Di. I lost my kindred spirit; we all lost a kindred spirit that day in November...
Storypeople.com

According to the 'Urban Dictionary'  kindred spirits are defined as:

Two people that make a special connection by sharing a bond that
has joined them by the means of an experience that has drawn
them together on a higher level of consciousness. This connection
can be from the same experience at the same time or two separate
experiences similar in nature.

Other examples of kindred spirits can be:
      If two people were in a dramatic situation and had to depend on each other in order to get out of the situation or one had to help rescue the other, they would become bonded as kindred spirits. Or two people will meet for the first time or again and a bond is formed through an understanding of what the other had been through and with this, they have become kindred spirits.
 
Another way to look at kindred spirits in my life path with Di is with the soulmate that I have chosen to spend my life with.  Destiny and forthrightness played a huge part in the path that my life took when I met Ken.

There is a quote that I’m fond of that I’m sure that Di was found of too because she sent me the email many years ago from the Story People website:


You're the strangest person I ever met, she said; I said you too; so we decided we'd know each other a long time.


This is exactly who, what and why I loved Di so much. She shared and she gave and she always worked so hard to surround herself with people that she loved and who loved her. She made room for kindred spirits in her life. The perfect summation of a perfect friend, a kindred spirit in kind with me and the world. And she would always call me a weirdo for no reason whatsoever; just because she could....

I think alot of people that knew Di felt that kindred spirit vibe, especially those crazy women that created the
Ya Ya's with their vibrant hats, their crazy gatherings and their fanciful laughter and their unconditional love....just for Di.

No comments:

Post a Comment



The people we meet form the foundation of our lives that when built upon allow us to bloom and blossom in ways that we never would have anticipated.