Search This Blog

10.12.2010

John Denver Oct 12, 1997 - 2010

I can almost remember the day like it was yesterday.
Di and I were studying for an abnormal psych exam in the dining room of Patty's house and in the background we had music playing and then the news came on and said that John Denver had died in a plane crash.  The two of us just looked at one another, unable to speak. We were both in shock.

We had that connection of Country Roads and Annie's Song and Rocky Mountain High.

Too soon, too sad and what a loss.
Now it's years later and today I listened to JD and recollected on that afternoon I spent with Di, remembering the important parts of my life, the days and dates that mark and put a tick in our memory and resonate forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment



The people we meet form the foundation of our lives that when built upon allow us to bloom and blossom in ways that we never would have anticipated.