Search This Blog

2.28.2010

I Raise My Cup To You...

And toast the friendship, the stories, the sheer beauty of your legacy; your memory.

On this day, I reflect on the happenstance that brought us together and the bond that kept us together over the years not by chance, but by choice. 

A Cup of Friendship

Stir in 1 cup of thoughfulness
Add 3/4 cup of forgiveness
1 cup compassion
1 cup trust
1 cup hospitality
1 cup hope
1 cup joy
2 cups laughter
3/4 cup loyalty
1/2 cup of listening
3 teaspoons of special luck
2 tablespoons of kindness

Bring to simmer utilizing patience and then boil in the daily struggles not forgetting hope and kindness along the way.  Sprinkle all with one cup faith. Stir daily and serve over a lifetime. 

She gave me this cup one Christmas and it's been on my kitchen shelf as a reminder of her talents. Knowing that she made this with her two hands has always made this special but it is ever so much more special now...today...


I only wish I had more of her creations. She always said that she would paint me a picture. It's too bad that time slipped so quickly away.

I was one of the "lucky ones" though. I got to be present when the artist was at work.

From patterned paper classes, papermaking classes, bookbinding classes, book printing classes and pottery classes I was always by her side seeing and feeling and reveling in the shared moments of her important creationary work.





Di loved art and making art.  This cup is one of her many creations.
She told me that when she was throwing clay she felt free and peaceful and in charge of the moment. 






Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
                                                                                                      ~ Pablo Picasso   

No comments:

Post a Comment



The people we meet form the foundation of our lives that when built upon allow us to bloom and blossom in ways that we never would have anticipated.